(Senior) Frontend Engineer
Avocet is looking for a full-time (Senior) Frontend Engineer to join our rapidly growing team in London. We will not be considering remote workers for this role.
You will be working on Avocet’s primary product - a web application which forms the gateway to the Avocet platform (dealing with 150,000 queries per second, and processing multiple terabytes of transactional data per day). The speed and scale involved here is exceptional.
This is a hands-on position where you will be asked to do everything from building rock-solid components to mentoring other engineers. You should be a leader, excelling in communication, ownership and customer focus. This is a unique and rare opportunity within an early stage start-up to work closely with the founding team and help shape the technology, product and the business.
Avocet has a strong culture around open-source software, and fully supports individuals who wish to contribute. Our team includes a number of open source contributors and includes an ESLint Core Team member.
You will be expected to:
- Work on multiple projects in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- Work as part of a multi-skilled team, working together to get the job done.
- Maintain an understanding of current and emerging web technologies.
- Solve complex problems, drive projects from concept to conclusion, and demonstrate a results-oriented working style.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively influence the product roadmap and wider organisation.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering (equivalent experience).
- 3+ years of accomplishment as a software developer.
- A demonstrable track record of producing well-tested, highly readable code.
- Demonstrated passion for user experience design and improving usability. We are building a best-in-class application.
- Motivated to drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects.
- Demonstrated passion about technology, having a strong interest in learning about and exploring the latest and greatest.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment.